Dr APJ Kalam Visit
Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam’s Visit - 3rd April 2008
Bharataratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India visited our Ramakrishna Mission High School, Sitanagaram and interacted with our students on 3rd April 2008 at 5:00 pm. He was cordially received by Swami Sashikantanandaji Maharaj, Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission Sitanagaram and other monks of Ramakrishna order. He was led to the prayer hall. After making obeisance at prayerhall, he attended the meeting and interactive session with students, teachers and parents at the school premises. Sri Venkatesh, Guntur District collector and Sri Mahesh Chandra Laddah, S.P., Guntur District also attended the meeting.
After garlanding the Swamiji’s statue, Dr. Kalam planted neem sapling in front of the school building. The meeting was started with devotional songs & patriotic songs by our school students. A girl of Class 6th named Priyanka gave Welcome address. Our school students honoured Dr. Kalam and other guests with flower bouquets and mementos. Nearly 1000 people from our school, nearby schools, teachers, parents and other guests participated in the meeting. Dr. Kalam in his message to the students advised them to acquire knowledge which has 3 components namely creativity, righteousness and courage. He also advised the students to become honest politicians if they are interested. He advised the students to work hard in whatever field they choose, viz., Engineer, Doctor, Teacher, Politician, Farmer etc. Before question answer session he made the students to take the following oath.
1. I realize that I have to set the goal in my life.
2. To achieve that goal I have to acquire knowledge. 3. I will work hard to get knowledge.
4. I will defeat the problems that comes in my way and succeed.
5. I will be successful in all the tasks I take up.
6. I will enjoy the success of others.
7. I will keep my surroundings, neighbourhood, environment, home etc. clean and tidy.
8. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and make others also follow.
9. I will light a lamp of knowledge.
This is followed by a question – answer session. The meeting was concluded with National anthem.